Friday 1 February 2013

If I stand on this cotton reel, am I taller than you?

I’ve spent the last couple of days trying to create a crochet pattern for an owl.

owlsFamily

The taller green one was my first attempt, then the purple one, then the tiny pink one, which was made out of embroidery thread.  You can’t quite see the size of them from this photo, so here’s one to give you an idea of size.

OwlBigEnough

This photo just seemed to me like the baby owl is trying to be bigger than it’s Mum, a scene that played out for months in my house as my boys measured their height against me daily. We’ve now swapped places and it’s me standing on something to be equal in height to them!

Anyway I’ll leave you with another photo of the baby owl, he really is quite tiny!

OwlSmall

Enjoy your weekend.

Sally

xxx